Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January Happenings

Happy New Year everyone. Warm weather has made the cold November and December a faint memory. A great start to the year as my friend Big Pete and I attended the Sabres/Penguins outdoor game at Ralph Wilson stadium on the 1st. The weather was mild - just around the freezing mark and the crowd was really into the game. We were fortunate enough to have VIP seats within the confines of the Red Zone - great food and beverages - too bad I started my annual no drinking in January campaign.



For those sports fans out there, my Leafs are a bit slow out of the gate (to say the least). Well it's not as if the Habs are going anywhere this year.

Got a chance to see the Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla, Cam Forsyth, playing his guitar Saturday night at Kirk's teams fundraiser. Cam is almost ready for the big time.



Do you have a New Year's Resolution? Mine is kind of boring - drop 5 pounds so I can get a little bit quicker on the squash court. I'm working out 6 out of seven days - Tuesday (today) being the day of rest. Work outs at the Burlington Fitness and Racquet Club include skip boxing, cycling/weights and squash.



Patti and I have booked a trip to "her" hideaway in Mexico for mid February. She's warned me the old ladies will be all over me - we'll see.



Our 50 plus team is in the midst of planning for our trip to the Nationals in St. John's, Newfoundland from July 30th through August 6th. Party this Friday night to meet all the spouses - I haven't had a chance to warn all the ladies about DJ yet.



We're having a fundraiser at our generous sponsor's sports Bar on Saturday March 1st - we're calling it an East Coast Frenzy and it promises to be a blast with an Atlantic band and screeching in ceremonies.
http://www.gatorteds.ca/index.htm

No comments: